Lincoln Radio Sailing Club

Home » 2013 » September

Monthly Archives: September 2013


Hi everybody, I would just like to ask if you are all receiving my emails because I do not seem to be getting a response.

This coming weekend there will be sailing at the Apex for I.O.M  and Hopefully I will see you all there , a couple of points to ponder and give me some answers  First up it is our turn for the Jubilee trophy  see this on the calendar         Tuesday 15th October   “TUESDAY” JUBILEE TROPHY INTER CLUB AT LINCOLN  2/3 SAILORS REQUIRED ALL DAY EVENT !! HELP NEEDED PLEASE This is the final round .PLEASE NOTE  RACING AND PRIZE GIVING WILL NOW BE HELD AT ROTHERHAM WHERE A FULL LUNCH AND REFRESHMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED. we have been lacking in support for this event so far this year for one reason or another , I need 3 sailors with I.O.M measured boats to race I would also ask for one or two volunteers to help out , the catering will be done by Rotherham , so if you want to put you name in the hat let me know , also let me know if you do not want to help/participate,

Second up is we are holding the Veterans for I.O.M this year in October , and although we have had weed problems, you will all know of the recent post put on this website about it ,  , this is the listing in the calendar

  26TH/27TH     I.O.M VETERANS AT LINCOLN 2 DAY EVENT FOR THE OVER 60’S     if your boat is measured and has a certificate this could be your chance to shine , If you’re not sailing and wish to help the club will be most grateful. Mick C will be OD after coming second in the event last year. Its a great friendly good-natured event with plenty of banter and a good chance to catch up .  Even if you’re not sailing please don’t miss it .HELP NEEDED.

Anybody interested  ???   it is less than a month away,!!!!!!

Ivan is as I speak compiling the seasons results for both I.O.M and R.M on an excel sheet to bring everything up to date , when he has finished we will transfer to a PDF file and post on the website for all to see, My thanks go to Bob for devising the new sheet and to Ivan for the painstaking job of putting all the info in the right places.

The Club has now purchased a 3.5HP 4 stroke outboard which was tried out two weeks ago and worked perfectly. The electric unit is fine and works well in light airs, the new outboard will work well when the wind is up ,, What we now need is a small secure Metal container say 6’X 2′ X 6′ tall with a lockable lid to keep it in , at the lake , we will find ways to make it secure, so if anybody has any Ideas please, where we could purchase or have made  let me know.

We need to set a date for the A.G.M this year I am proposing  we do it early in December , date to be finalized if you have any dates in mind let me know , and also if you have specific comments/ideas also let me know so that we can start to plan, Our membership is currently 16 and I am hoping we will have some new members prior to the A.G.M .


Hi Guys and Gals . I found this on the forums and thought it may interest you all , It is a short video on you tube about sailing and how it has progressed in Spain , and since I will be going to the Spanish Nationals at the end of October !!!!!!! I thought you would like it ,  just click the link below to enjoy it ,, it does have subtitles

let me know what you thought of it

mick admin

Fantastic Sailing

Last Sunday  the 15th September , we all returned to the Apex for some sailing after a six-week lay off due to weed problems . We were all rewarded with a strong ( B Suit ) wind from the south-west , but unfortunately slightly colder than of late , with a little light drizzle for the first half hour , it did not dampen our spirits and I was most pleased to see ten boats on the water for the first race , and was very pleased to see ten boats on the water and racing for the last race of the day with no breakages to boats or equipment .

As you may all know Gordon Harling had sold his house and has now moved back to his home country Australia, which for time being has reduced our membership to 15, and with two of our members who are unable to sail at present it was great to see everybody supporting the club sailing and to get ten guys out of a possible 12 was fantastic . The weed was still a bit of a problem but certainly nothing like it was , The cold snap will also help , and hopefully will not prevent us from hosting the Veterans I.O.M. championship towards the end of October . Help will be needed for this event , so all those who are not old enough to enter and want to help please let me know .

results for last Sundays racing are below

Here are the results of todays sailing. As usual the skippers who do best are the  ones  who manage to avoid the weed.
All boats were IOM
1st             Mick          7 Points
2nd            Martin        8
3rd             David        14
4th             Bob           24
5th             Alan          28
6th             Clive         32
7th             Colin         33    More 3rd places
8th             Ivan           33
9th             Graham     35
10th           Gordon      48

I am also looking for sailors and some help for our Jubilee hosting this year which is on Tuesday the 15th October , as you know we share the team with Leeds Bradford club , and have not been to successful this year, but we can all try hard for our own event on the 15th October  , which incidentally will be held at The Rotherham club due in part to weed at our own venue and the advantage of full catering facilities on offer at cost . you can email me at any time .

Mick Admin


Recent Statement posted by the club regarding the IOM Veteran Nationals

Along with many clubs within the MYA, Lincoln MYC have encountered weed problems during this summer and as the hosts of the 2013 IOM Veterans they are very conscious of the need to provide good fair racing for the championships. Recent club racing has shown a decrease in the weed and they are confident that by the date of the championships (26th & 27th October 2013) the weed will no longer be a problem.
To avoid any issues with loss of accommodation payments and travel costs they are proposing to make a statement about the state of the lake by the 13th of October.
Due to this later announcement of the situation the closing date for entries will be extended to 9.00pm Wed 23rd Oct 2013. The club are currently investigating back up venues and will announce the alternative venue if necessary by the 13th October.
The online entry will be open in the next few days.
We are confident that the event will go ahead but need to keep everyone advised on the water condition.
If you are able to assist with this event or wish to enter please contact Mick.